Global Poly Tanks - 10 YEAR GUARANTEE
Global Poly Water Tanks
Hobart Water Solutions Pty Ltd
ABN: 31 122 245 461
ACN: 122 245 461
PO Box 471 Kings Meadows TAS 7249
Ph: (03) 6265 2882 Fax: (03) 6265 1006
Subject to the warranty qualifications listed below, Global Poly Water Tanks | Hobart Water Solutions Pty Ltd | ABN: 31 122 245 461 | ACN: 122 245 461 | PO Box 471 Kings Meadows TAS 7249 (the “Manufacturer”) provides its customer (the “Purchaser”) with the following warranty.
During the period of 10 years from the date of purchase, the Manufacturer will as its option, repair or replace any defect in the Purchaser’s polyethylene tank is which is attributed to the manufacture of it by the Manufacturer (the “Warranty”).
The Warranty is void and of no effect:
- In respect of defects specifically drawn to the Purchaser’s attention before purchase;
- This product is designed for the storage of Rain Water. Any other use is done so at the customers own risk unless expressly stated in writing by Global Poly Water Tanks | Hobart Water Solutions Pty Ltd | ABN: 31 122 245 461 | ACN: 122 245 461 | PO Box 471 Kings Meadows TAS 7249;
- If the defect arises from use that is other than fair wear and tear;
- Should the Purchaser not comply with the installation and security instructions contained on this sheet;
- If the Purchaser does not return by mail or hand the warranty card to the Manufacturer within one month of the date of purchase (the Manufacturer will not be responsible for warranty cards lost in the mail).
- All implied warranties and conditions other than those provided in the warranty are expressly excluded, except those in the Trade Practices Act 1974 and any other legislation which can-not be excluded and which give the Purchaser the benefit of certain non-excludable rights and remedies. Where such terms cannot be excluded, then to the extent that the law allows, the Manufacturer’s liability shall be limited to the remedies available under such legislation and the Manufacturer will not be liable for any special damage, loss of profits or other indirect or consequential loss damage suffered by the Purchaser.
The Purchaser acknowledges that:
- The manufacturer has the right to modify and improve the design of the Purchaser’s polyethylene tank should it consider it necessary;
- The tank colour may fade over time;
- Care should be taken to ensure rain water for drinking is collected off a suitable surface;
- All specifications are approximate and subject to change; and
- It has read and understood the contents of this warranty sheet.
Fire Tanks Guarantee
3 Year Manufactures warranty :
Global steel water tanks have a manufactures warranty to the original purchaser for a period of 3 (three) years against faulty workmanship provided the following is carried out:
- Tie tank down on delivery. Do not store the tank on its side.
- Tank is not to be moved from its original position, moving the tank will void warranty.
- To retain the compacted base retaining beams must be provided to stop material washing away and the site becoming unstable. 7mm crushed bluestone rock (blue metal) is the only recommended product to use as a base. The tank base should be at least 400mm wider than the diameter of the tank.
- Correct tank site preparation, as well as preservation is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- Do not allow the tank site to deteriorate after installation due to any form of erosion.
- The tank + tank outlets must not be subjected to any undue force.
- The period of 3 (three) years manufacturer’s warranty is for steel water tanks used in normal domestic situations.
- The warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the tank at the discretion of Tankworld Tasmania, Stramit and Blue Scope Steel.
- The warranty is granted to the original purchaser only and is not binding on any heirs or successors in title thereof.
- The manufacturer will not be liable for any consequential losses including loss of profits or damage to property.
- The warranty on the strainer, outlet, gate valve and overflow is 12 (twelve) months only.
- Outlets or gate valves must be installed above ground or tank warranty is void.
- Outlets or gate valves must be braced.
- The number of inlet pipes, their sizes and capacities must equal the number of overflow pipes, their sizes and capacities.
- Inlet pipes must be braced and bear no load onto any part of the tank or inlet strainer, any load placed onto the tank due to the weight of inlet pipes will void warranty.
- Overflow must be piped away from the tank base to prevent erosion.
- The warranty does not apply to the colour which may fade or change.
- The warranty is void and will not be binding upon the manufacturer where any physical abuse, improper installation, unsound base or unauthorised modifications have occurred to the tank or the site is not level. This can cause wall or roof distortion in the tank and is not covered by warranty. Please note that if a domestic pump is being connected to this tank, the tank must have a 30cm flexible hose fitted as per instructions contained here within.
- The warranty is only binding upon the manufacturer if notified of the defect within 7 (seven) days of it occurring and where the manufacture has been given the opportunity to inspect the tank within 28 (twenty eight) days of such notification.
- Global truck drivers are employed to deliver water tanks to your property. They are to, where physically possible, place the tanks onto a flat, level site which should be provided.
- The purchaser acknowledges having fully read and understood the contents of this warranty and agrees to be bound thereby. A docket will be produced upon delivery for you to sign and acknowledge all of the above. This must be signed and returned with the delivery driver or all warranties will be null and void.
Material warranty :
Coverage of material warranty is solely at the discretion of Stramit and Bluescope steel. To see the full details of the material warranty please visit: